Thursday, January 29, 2015

Tilapia stew

Foggy day, perfect for a soup, so I bought from Costco this pesto marinated tilapia, I did once following the box instructions baked and the results wasn't good, we didn't like it. I think it will works better in a soup, so I was looking for a soup recipe and I came across to a Brazilian fish stew, and I made my version....


Ingredients:

3 tilapia filets (in my case marinated already)
1 onion
2 pieces celery
3 garlic 
Half green bell pepper
1 can diced tomatoes 
1 coconut milk
1 cup vegetable broth
1 lime juice
Salt and pepper
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
Cilantro
 
Chopp the onion, garlic, bell pepper and celery. Heat 2 spoons of oil in a pot, add the veggies and sauted for 5 minutes until onion is soft, add tomatoes and 1 cup vegetables broth. 


When start to boil add the tilapia, in my case I added the whole piece because it is frozen.
Add the pepper, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper and lime juice, leave to simmer for 10 minutes


Leave simmerr for 5 minutes and add the  coconut milk, simmer for another 10 min.


Adjust spices and add chop cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment