Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Payagua Mascada (Paraguayan yucca and meat patties)

I'm pretty behind in my posts, I couldn't post any recipe from last week, so many parties and celebrations.
Happy Thanksgiving by the way! Better late than never.
Also you are going to start seeing a lot of healthy recipes in my blog, coming from a family with high cholesterol history, I have to check mine frequently, last test shows it is pretty high right now, so I have to watch what I eat.

Here is a truly Paraguayan recipe, this is a traditional food, very popular during national or popular holidays, I made for a neighbors party, of course I wasn't allowed to eat, but my husband and neighbors told me it turns very well, they love it.

Ingredients:
- 1.5lb ground beef
- 4 lb yucca (you can find in the Latin markets in the freeze)
- 4 tbsp oil (to fry the meat)
- salt, amount neccesary
- 2 tsp cumin
- a bunch green onion, finely chopped

Set a fry pan, add the oil in a medium high heat, add the meat, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until the meat is brown and cook.


Cook the yucca in boiling water with salt (the yucca came all peeled) until is soft, remove the hard fiber inside the yucca and then grind it if you have a grinder or make a puree.


Mix together the meat, the yucca, green onions, salt, cumin and make a dough


Make a little patties with the preparation.


Deep fry in a hot oil. Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment