Wednesday, November 5, 2014

11/4/2014 Stir fry pork with asparagus

A chilly morning today, but the forecast said it will be 90 by noon!
We have plans for a playdate at the park this morning, and a free? afternoon at home, that's mean I won't have a lot of time for cooking, so I'll go ahead and prepare some of my ingredients.
Today i'll doing a pork stir fry with asparagus. The original recipe asks for snap peas too, i didnt use then, not a fan.

found this stir fry pork cut in the grocery store, I'm not sure if it is pork tenderloin as the recipe ask, but I gave it a try :)




Here are the ingredients I used:

1 pound stir fry pork
1 cup brown rice
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sherry
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon corn starch
1 bunch of green onions, sliced thin
1 pound asparagus, trimmed and sliced pieces
1/4 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper


I added some olive oil to my wok and I started saute the pork over high heat, around 8 min, or until it was brown...
Meanwhile the pork was cooking I whisked together the soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, corn starch and rice vinegar...


This is how it looked the pork, I set aside and in the same wok I added more oil and I started to saute the asparagus and green onions...for about 5 minutes, then I added the water, the ginger and garlic, and left for another 3 minutes...



Finally I added the mix and the pork, I cooked for another 5 minutes.


The rice I put in water hours before start cooking that helps to the brown rice to cook faster. When it was ready I mixed with some butter.


I think I overcooked the asparagus, they were a little soggy instead of crunchy :( but in general the flavor was good...

Below the link of the actual recipe...try it and let me know how did it go...



No comments:

Post a Comment